Sunday, October 10, 2010

Like List #1

So periodically, I will post things called "Like Lists" which basically are numerical orderings of things I like, or don't like. Sometimes they will have themes like "Movies" or "Museums" or "Dumb facebook statuses," but most of the time they will just be things I find I happen to enjoy or want to see less of. To start things off, here is Like List #1:

1) Make It or Break It 
I am obsessed with this ABC Family show about gymnasts. I had been told my numerous people to watch it, and once I finally caved in, I was hooked. I'm done with seasons one and two, and its just so good! Drama, gymnastics, more drama. New favorite show.

2) Podcasts
Despite the fact that I have had an iPod for as long as I can remember, I just recently discovered podcasts. I love them. I have a bunch of food ones, theatre ones, all the New York Times ones, some philosophy and history ones, yoga, The Onion , NPR Concert Series (just to name a few). I listen to multiple podcasts every day. They are interesting and informative, short and sweet, and don't make me feel like I'm waisting time.

3) Cold(er) Weather
I live in Southern California. When it's 65 outside, we native SoCals break out our pants and boots and coats and hats. But for me, cold(er) weather means soup! I love soup. It comes from my mother - who loves soup. For lunch a few days ago, I made some Trader Joe's Organic Tomato Soup (the kind from the box), with a melted brie sandwich. It was delicious - the fact that the fireplace was on, I was wearing a sweatshirt, and the whole house felt like fall just made it even better.  We had a few days of rain, which made me the happiest camper, and I got to wear my new shiny-black Hunter boots. Unfortunately, today was hot again, but maybe as we progress into fall the Valley will cool down.

4) A Cappella Groups
As a member of my school's choir, vocal ensemble, and one of the presidents of the Glee Club, I have become a huge fan of collegiate a cappella groups. Technically, I'm doing college research - I want to find a school with some sassy a cappella groups. And I'm researching for Glee Club - I am finding songs and studying performances. But I'm really just having a blast. Favorites: Columbia Nonsequiturs and  Tufts Amalgamates.

1 comment: